Saturday, April 24, 2010

I don't know how you are going to feel about this...

but I bought something new! I just got back from Walmart. I wondered through the aisles touching all the new stuff; imagining having this and having that; quickly justifying in my head why I could have this or have that. I flipped through the magazines, pretended to know what I was doing looking at seeds (are McKenzie Organic or McKenzie Heirloom better? Is 2.99 a pack a good price?) I checked out the lastest color trends in the summer accessories aisle and tried not to focus very long in the arts and crafts/scrapbooking aisles. For a few instances it was like being a kid in the candy aisle! I haven't really been in a non-grocery store for months! But I got a hold of myself and had our challenge uppermost in my mind.

But I had gone there with a specific purpose in mind. Glue. Mod Podge glue. (LOVE their site - so many great ideas it feeds my creativity daily)(and no, Mod Podge isn't paying me to say this or sending me free glue! haha) I am starting an Etsy site (a site to sell vintage or homemade items) with some cool things from yester-year as well as some of my own creations if I can ever get to it. One of the things I am very passionate about is keeping good usable, beautiful things out of the landfill. And if it takes a pot of Mod Podge to upcycle something, I believe the trade off is fair.
What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I think that Mod Podge counts as a consumable item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - to clarify, I think it's something you CAN'T buy used so it counts as a consumable (as in, a product that you use up) product. And, you're beautifying old things to make them saved from a landfill, so that's always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be hard to find glue from any other source. I think that it was a good choice. All the best.

    ReplyDelete