Friday, June 11, 2010

One of 'those' learning experiences...

Andrew learned a valuable lesson the other night - the lesson of being resourceful and finding what you want in a different way. We DID go to the library to ask if they had the book he was looking for. I coached him a bit on what to say and then hovered around like any mother would! haha
The library didn't have the book. BUT it was in the system at a different library so they are ordering it for him!! LOVE the library! LOVE when being resourceful pays off... because to be honest, other than the couple other ideas I had to find the book, if none of those paid off, I don't know what I would do! I know we would have been faithful to the challenge, but wasn't looking forward to a sad boy and having to reexplain why he couldn't have something he wanted. Like so many times though, he experienced what the rest of us, I'm sure, have experienced so often - he had forgotten all about it by the time he got home from school!

5 comments:

  1. I was sending you "go to the library" vibes. I LOVE our library. I can go online and search their catalogue - which includes neighboring town libraries, and request the items. Using our library card we can request an item and have it waiting on a shelf for the next time we're in. We even use their extensive DVD collection instead of renting. I hope the book measures up for Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that you have found the book. And like Bonnie, I use the DVD collection instead of renting also. Not to mention the magazines, the money I save by borrowing them is amazing.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been spending a lot of time at the library lately. Because our local county library is pretty small and doesn't have a lot of books I want, I ended up paying $50 for a library card for the library in the next county. (I lived in that county just three years ago, but since moving I couldn't check anything out.) Anyway, I hated paying $50, but I have saved myself so much money on books I no longer buy.Libraries rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making it so far with your goal as a young family! My hat is off to you for the hard work of making it work for you, your partner and your kiddies. Good luck with the rest of the year!
    cheers
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone :) I have been remiss in writing for quite a while now, but hope to remedy my ways :) Things are going great in the challenge acutally. I'll report on some of the things we've learned soon.

    ReplyDelete