Saturday, August 14, 2010

Shopping soothes sadness?

Yesterday was not a good day for me. It was one of those sad/mad/tired/hopeless feeling kind of days. And nights. All I wanted was to curl up and fall asleep reading book 5 of a series I have been reading. But I didn't have book five. I called the library to see if they had it. It was closed. I posted on facebook and asked if anyone had it that I could borrow. Nada. I wanted to escape so badly that it crossed my mind to break the challenge and go to the store and buy it. (Then I thought about sending my husband, because he is less recognizable! lol) I gathered some strength around me and curled up to watch PVR'd America's Got Talent, a shabby chic book to finger through and tried not to think. (did you guys see that 10 year old little opera singer?! Wow! The world is sooo gifted with talent)
So at the end of the day I managed to fall asleep and wake up this morning in a better mood. Without breaking the challenge. Shopping doesn't have to be our savior.

3 comments:

  1. you aRe so right shoppiNg doesN't have to be our savior. I know exactly how you felt last night. I have been feeliNg blahh for over a week now. Not suRe how I snapped out of it though. I am so proud of you that you got through last night paRticular with the way you were feeliNg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment on my blog and thanks so much for the compliment. I just got home last night from driving home from Vegas so i'm just trying to get back into the swing of things but i will take a look at my posts and see if anything will help with your room. Question? What book are you looking for? Do you have a Wee Book Inn where you live? If you have books you have read you could trade it for the one you want. Let me know what book you are looking for forsure because i may have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I have those days too. And you think nothing will help but what we have on our minds. I have SO been there! Way to go on staying with your challenge. You inspire me to stay with my own. xo

    ReplyDelete